Monday, June 18, 2012

Find Your Inner Drive

It may seem obvious, but I'll say it anyway: You can't achieve success if you're not willing to take the first step. Sure, I can give you all the tools you need for weight loss, but if you're not willing to get off your butt, you won't get anywhere. You need to find that inner drive to accomplish your goals. Need some inspiration? Check out what this teammate said on the Message Boards:

"Had somebody told me a year ago that I would complete a 5k in under an hour, I'd have told them they were insane. But last fall, I did just that. I jogged and walked fast through my very first 5k and came in at 47 minutes and 53 seconds.

You'll never believe what you can do until you try something and complete it. Making motivational vision boards for yourself and finding a support network can really help. Find somebody who won't let you talk your way out of something difficult. For the 5k, I had my kickboxing instructor. She kept me focused and, though she finished way ahead of me, was right there to cheer me to my finish line! The feeling of accomplishment you gain from succeeding at something you didn't think was possible will motivate you to try something else you aren't sure you can do.

Eventually, your life will change and be marked by these fabulous accomplishments. Each new triumph will lead you further down the road toward living a fearless life. Just get up and go!" – Starfaerie82

With the right attitude, you can meet (and even exceed!) your goals, but it's up to you to put in the effort. What motivation can you pull from within right now that will help get you moving?

No comments:

Post a Comment